Friday, November 4, 2022

Taking the Bus from Wuxi to Jiangyin

 


I decided to take the bus from Jiangyin to Wuxi.  Give it a try, I thought.  Save money by not taking DiDi to Wuxi. 


I did take the DiDi to the passenger coach station of Jiangyin.  That cost me 30 RMB.  When I laid my eyes on the station, I was struck by how dead it was.  It seemed that Covid and smartphone Apps had taken the life out of it.  


I bought a ticket for the 5:30 bus to Wuxi.  It was 4:30. I had to wait for an hour: longer than I was expecting.  I bided my time at a nearby KFC (which I couldn’t enter directly from the station, because Covid) trying to figure out how to order food using their app. I didn’t.


When I finally got on the bus, I didn’t take my assigned seat because I didn’t like the look of the person sitting next to it.  I took a seat at the very back.


6:30, the bus arrived in Wuxi.  Getting out of the bus station was like clearing customs at the airport.  I had to show two QR codes off two apps I had on my two phones to get out.  The second app I hadn’t used since the spring festival.


I then took the 25 bus to Casa Kaulins.  I got home by 7:30.


It took too long.

No comments: