Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Similar Traffic Complaints; Shanghai More Western Than Hong Kong?; Just Assholes; 25 Bus; Praying the Rosary; No Jacket


  • Bill Burr has similar complaints about L.A. Traffic that I have about Wuxi traffic. Go figure. And it was a similar complaint to mine about selfish assholes sticking the ass of their car into the other lane.

  • I was listening to the Dennis Miller Option Podcast. H announced that he had visited Shanghai and he said it looked like Blade Runner at night. His co-host who had visited Hong Kong and Shanghai made a comment that Shanghai seemed more western than Hong Kong. I don't know what the hell he was talking about. That wasn't at all my impression. I thought Hong Kong had a western feel to it. Just goes to show you that many casual observations are just that: casual and not at all serious.

  • Rich people are just assholes with stuff; poor people are just assholes without stuff. [These are the opening lines of a free verse poem I am doing entitled "Just Assholes"]

  • I take the 25 bus to school because it is cheaper than taking the train and it gives me lots of time to read and pray. Currently, the bus goes through a bunch of construction. An elevated road is being built on a road that passes downtown Yanqiao and takes one to downtown Tianyi (which is nowhere near Tianyi School). I will add that it is my habit to sit at the very back of the bus. I don't like the locals standing behind me. I also don't like sitting among them.

  • I pray the Rosary everyday with the help of Iphone Apps. Sometimes, I do the prayer twice a day and read the prayers in French or Spanish. What effect does it have on me? Hard to say. It is meditation so it does have a calming effect up to a point. I still have a hard time keeping calm when I have been unexpectedly provoked.

  • Is is early November in Wuxi, and I still go outdoors without a jacket, still just wearing a short sleeve shirt.


No comments: