Thursday, November 7, 2019

Ladies Nights?; Role Models; Traffic Signals Going Out; Man Scares Tony; Highlight of My Day; One More Thang

  • With this transgender stuff going with would-be women competing in female athletics, one has to wonder what will happen to Ladies nights at bars. Will the institution have to be scrapped to prevent men from pretending they are women to get drink discounts? Funny, how I haven't come upon any news stories about this.

  • My role models are Don Rickles and John the Baptist. Seriously!

  • Every once in a while, traffic lights stop working at intersections in the area of Stately Kaulins Manor. What this says about the state of infrastructure here, I have no clue. Suffice to say that it is Chinese in its quality. Now when the traffic signals stop working, the traffic gets massively snarled. It gets all stalled out because none of the local drivers know about four-way stop or uncontrolled intersection procedures. The traffic can only start proceeding again with the arrival of the authorities bearing temporary traffic lights. One morning coming from Tony's school, I swear I came upon an intersection just as the traffic signals failed. I was making a left turn and got through, but it was by the skin of my teeth. Traffic was quickly getting snarled as traffic came from four directions simultaneously.

  • My son Tony took the bus home from school on a recent Thursday and he told me that he saw a man that scared him. I immediately thought of perverts or people trying to kidnap him, but when he provided more details he told he saw a man who looked grotesque with his face having been all burnt. I told him to felt sorry for the guy and not to be visibly wierded by the man's appearance.

  • I take the 25 bus to school and when I get off, I have a ten minute walk to get to my school. The walk is actually one of the highlights of my day because I walk down a narrow street shaded with trees and bustling with Chinese street life. On a recent walk, I saw a street vendor selling pancakes that my son Tony would have loved and then down the street, I saw a man dressed as monk reading palms.

  • One more thing. I like to make six points for each blog entry and now, I impatiently want to publish this entry and get on with what checking off my work day to do list which includes reading, praying the rosary, studying Latvian and Chinese, my Canada plan, doing some blog work, downloading podcasts and torrent files, and preparing for my classes. So in telling my two readers this, I have done my one more thang!


No comments: