Sunday, February 5, 2012

Monday Morning

  • Talked to my mother this Monday morning.  She is doing alright.  She tells me that Dad is going to be transferred to a Care Home.  Mentally, he is not all there anymore.
  • I also tuned into the last twenty minutes of the Super Bowl.   The game was shown on Chinese television live.  Watching in the game in China is strange.  If I hadn't grown up with the game, I don't think I would have become an American  Football Fan by watching the Super Bowl.   There is too much standing around between the action.  The extended commercial breaks are not filled with the fabulously expensive commercials on Chinese television.   Instead, you see a minute wide shot of the stadium with occasional close shots of  players standing on the sideline.
  • It is raining and miserable in the Wux.  I am not going anywhere.

No comments: