Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mid February 2012 thoughts

  • My brother sent me an email telling me he was as well saddened by the death of Gary Carter. I guess if you were a Canadian living at a certain time when the Expos were Canada's baseball team, the passing of Gary Carter really hits one hard. My brother, who was a catcher, told me he modeled his stance after Carter.
  • Gary Carter had a way about him, that was quintessentially American. He had that kind of Ronald Reagan optimism. The anti-yanks of the world would hate his type. Tell them that he was also a devout Christian and they would begin to question his being enshrined in the Baseball Hall of Fame. Gary Carter, R.I.P.!
  • My son Tony tried to prevent me from entering a shop and buying some drinks. Read about it here!
  • I got to go to Shanghai to renew Tony's passport and submit a Visa application for Jenny. We haven't been in the Shang since the day our flight from Canada touched down at Shanghai's Pudong Airport over 18 months ago.. If I have no reason to go to Shanghai, I won't. I am not looking forward to this trip. I want the applications submitted and to be able to return back to Wuxi as soon as possible.
  • I had a student tell me that he got his first mobile phone when he was in grade three! Kind of young I am thinking.
  • Someone told me it looked like Spring was coming to Wuxi. I didn't want to hear that because I was wearing my thermals, a.k.a Long Johns.
  • It took three hours to get Tony to pose for his passport photo.

No comments: