Friday, October 4, 2024

7:11 AM View


 I did this today.


Babe Ruth plus a thousand.

Duolingo was a good app, but recently they have made it more difficult to get the hearts one needs to continue on with lessons.  They really want to make you spend your gems to get the hearts.  I won’t do it so I spend less time on it.


Question for myself:  Who is your best friend in China?

Answer: Hard question to answer.  I would have to say I don’t have one.  I could say my wife, but that would be evading the question.  I just don’t.

Follow-up question: Why?

Answer:  Becaus, I’m  a cheap, selfish bastard. Also, because the sort of people who come to China are often the sort of people who are trying to escape themselves.  There are reasons they are escaping themselves.  Also, because I am a person without a tribe.  Latvian  Canadian base brats are a rare breed indeed. I did met one Latvian Canadian but he was more loathsome than me and he wasn’t a base brat.  Also, I’m a reactionary and thus a very odd duck among expatriate types. Also, I got married to China.

No comments: