Friday, October 4, 2024

3:20 PM View


 Made this video.


Don’t know if it was inspired or the result of a selfish boredom.

Here’s Simone Weil.


Muggeridge said she reminded him of George Orwell.  David Warren, my favorite blogger, admires her; Evelyn Waugh didn’t.


The Z man said something about Generation X types that will stick with me.  Generation X is the slacker generation.  I am a generation Xer, for what it’s worth.

A representative of the generation:  Tim Walz.  He didn’t know what to do with his life so he became a teacher because it was easy to do.  By luck, he stumbled into politics.  I have too much in common with Tim Walz which is scary. ..  I’d never vote for the guy.  Only thing that has saved me from being completely like Walz is that I was open-minded enough to listen to Rush Limbaugh; and the Donald Trump candidacy.  But I still feel impotent in life.

Maybe poetry and faith can save me.

No comments: