Saturday, November 20, 2010

Questions for myself.

What is your favorite book?

The Bible.

What are some your other favorite books?

I love With Charity towards None by Florence King.  I have read the book many times.  It provides a cool, but sensible, stance toward life: Misanthropy.  Other favorite books include Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell, and Scoop by Evelyn Waugh.

What do you hate?

Atheists, Leftists, Perverts, deliberate laziness, the Wildcard in Major League Baseball, Rap, and tardiness.

Are you going back to Canada?

Probably.  But for now I am shirking on the logistics of it.

Will you have another child?

I hope so.  But I am getting old.

Best person you have ever known?

My wife.

Best person, you have ever known, who is an acquaintance?

I don't know.  I really don't know.  When it comes right down to it, I have been a loner and bystander.  This is not to say that I haven't meet good people.  I have known characters who have very pronounced character traits.  When I think of those who would have no regard for me -- I can say, honestly, it has been no loss.

Are there people you want to meet?

Catholics.  I didn't like them the first time.  But I know better what to expect.  I shouldn't expect them to do anything for me.

Have you found a consistent narrative about your life?

Not yet.  But, maybe this is because the narrative is one I should be ashamed of.  I am weak and fear confrontation and only confront myself occasionally.


No comments: