Monday, October 2, 2023

October 2, 2023



 October 2, 2023

Location:  a tea house on Nanchang Jie in Wuxi.


We had been driving to the in-laws who live cross the river from Jiangyin.  During the drive, Baba phoned.  I couldn't make out what he and Jenny were saying, but when the tone got argumentative, I wondered if we were going to turn around, the trip aborted....


We took the last turnoff before the Jiangyin Bridge.  We this formulated a plan to go to downtown Wuxi, Nanchang Jie.  The trip to the in-laws was aborted for some family b.s.  I could only reflect on how relations with our families were froth which wasn't good for Tony.   I had been looking forward to hugging Mamma and smoking cigarettes.  Alas, we may never see them in person ever again on account of the trouble that went down...


The drive was annoying and sometimes interesting.  Even when you think you're off the beaten path, you'll drive through a downtown street.  So many people living in Jiangsu!


Once parked at Nanchang Jie, we went to Wuxi's one Indian restaurant.  Tony got argumentative saying he didn't want to eat Indian food.  So he & Jenny went to the nearby Momma Mia's.  By myself, I had my butter Chana Masala with which I forgot to order basmati rice, and then I joined them. I was bushed from all the driving and all the filling food, and had no appetite for pizza and salad.


One thing on this annoying day went seemingly right.  We got a traditional Chinese paper cut family portrait done.  Here it is:






At the tea house, we’ve got a window seat.  We're sitting beside the Qingming Canal almost underneath the Qingming Bridge.  A tourist boat will ride by occasionally.




Later:  we are also going to abort our planned trip to Suzhou.  We don’t have a hotel room, and Suzhou is going to like Wuxi this holiday:  crowded and tiring.

No comments: