Saturday, October 14, 2023

My Jiangyin Saturday Night

Yesterday (Saturday) evening, Tony & I went to downtown Jiangyin.


We took a Didi to Monte Carlo’s Bistro which I understand to be the restaurant for foreigners in Jiangyin.  When we went in, there were three old white guys there.  They were talking the Ukraine war.  One of them said all the news he was hearing about it was bullshit.  Tony ordered food but the pizza was not at all what he wanted.  The second time in a row this had happened to us there.


We left.  We decided to take a taxi to Ba Bai Ban: a big Jiangyin mall.  We hailed the taxi Talk about old school!  We wandered around the mall and another nearby mall and a nearby walk street.  We got bored so we took a Didi home.


Our Didi driver drove tentatively, if you catch  my drift.  Slowly but very cautiously.  Looking up from my thoughts, I noticed that she was wearing a Covid mask and was wearing gloves.  Oh boy!  She’s the whole package! I thought.


Back home, I listened to some podcasts about the Spanish Civil War and what had happened in Israel.  The podcast questioned the standard narrative of the Civil War.  The left side good, the other side evil, that is.  I can say I have heard many viewpoints on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.  Israel white as snow.  Hamas evil.  Israelís breaking international law.  Palestinians victims.  Palestinians enslaved.  Israelis civilized.  Palestinians Stone Age Barbarians so it is right to beat like the settlers beat the Indians.  Israel a country that has become decadent and its days are numbered.  Israel should attack Iran.  Babies weren’t beheaded.  Wiizard of Oz.  Anger.  Righteous Indignation.  Boredom.  Palestinians jealous and admiring of Israelís.  Why are there so many Muslims in France and Michigan?  It was a false flag operation….  I’ll stick with the boring narrative.

No comments: