Thursday, January 26, 2023

Some End of the Long Holiday Thoughts

Every time, I have problems finishing off a crossword puzzle, I put it down for an interim.  When I return to it, I can finish it off in one or two minutes.  It’s uncanny.


Is it being lazy when you are fretting about being lazy?  Really laziness is being too lazy to fret.


TDSer:  Trump is so bad.  If he wears briefs, I’ll wear boxers.  


Chinese drivers are bad.  Four million years of civilization supposedly; and you’d think they know enough to look both ways before making a turn.


TDSer:  Even the things Trump did right were wrong.


TDSer:  Trump is so bad that I get deranged thinking about him.


Weeeeeeeeee!!!  What fun.


I must be boring when I talk to people.  People coming to talk couldn’t get away fast enough.  It hurts, but what I can do?


Good to see that Trudeau has mobs screaming at him when he goes in public.  It’s his just desserts.


Twitter can be a bore, but I do like getting responses to my tweets.  I like getting likes.  I also appreciate push back.    The “you suck!” ones with plausible reasons are good.


Democracy is the tyranny of the side that wins elections?


I should add Halsey English to my list of Internet thinkers I like.


Lots of elevated roads in Wuxi.  Also, lots of skyscraper apartment towers.  I was reading in the blog Founding Questions (Look at my Twitter feed @wuxiandis and you’ll find links to it.) that Soviet worker housing and American inner-city housing projects were built with the same impulse: to produce a stupefied population.  I get a feeling of stupefaction when I look at Wuxi suburban skyline.  And when you on an elevated highway seeing nothing but apartment towers, you feel you are in a dystopia,

No comments: