Sunday, January 22, 2023

Some Down-To-Earth God-Honest Blogging

 

  • Twitter is fun.  (@wuxiandis) I’m now starting to get pushback against my tweets.  Really, I hate getting pushback but it is what one has to do to get those coveted battle scars.
  • Somehow I came across this tweet celebrating the opening of an abortion center.  I decided to reply with “abortion is murder.” I was almost the center of a Twitter storm. I got a reply about it not being anyone’s business what a woman did with her body and another about a fœtus not being a person.  The most interesting reply was a strange syllogism about me having to supply a kidney to someone who needed my specific kidney.  If I didn’t supply it to this person, I was a murderer.  The logic  being that my body autonomy was being violated by this request as much as a woman being told not to abort was.  Well. To not have been pregnant, the woman could have chosen not to have sex.  She also could have accepted the fact that getting pregnant is a risk of having sex.  These people want abortion to be a right.  They don’t want to accept the responsibility of using their bodies properly.  They probably even want others to subsidize their body autonomy.  As for the kidney thing, I would do it for someone I love I suppose.  As for calling it murder, it wasn’t my fault that the person had kidney trouble.  I don’t wish that person to die.  The kidney argument is an example of sophistry at its most murderous.
  • I also get tweets from this unhinged Trump hater.  I look forward to reading them because I enjoy the sport of mocking them.  This Trump hater uses foul language in all her tweets.  I reply to them by using mocking childlike language.  One reply I made was this:  “If I had two ice creams, I’d eat them both instead of sharing them with a Trump supporter.” Some people got my joke, but some thought I was being serious.  
  • I also like responding to pro-abortion tweets by saying that MAGA types shouldn’t be allowed to have abortions.
  • It’s a shame that the Bills and Vikings lost their playoff games.
  • My winter holiday has been too long.  Haven’t done much other than waste time on Twitter.

No comments: