Saturday, October 15, 2022

993 & Duolingo & the Jiangyin Wanda Plaza

 

Saturday the 15th of October was the 993rd consecutive day of doing a lesson on Duolingo.  Next Saturday will be a milestone. You, rare reader, will get to see proof.  The streak began during Spring Festival 2020.  It was about that time that something was going on in Wuhan.  The Kaulins family was then north of the Chang Jiang River.  We were able to get back to Wuxi before it was locked down.  It was the end of the Before Times.



The three languages I study on Duolingo are español, français and 中文 I am nowhere near trilingual or double bilingual. I study the three every morning around 6:00 AM and in the evening after work.



I did use some 中文 when I went to the supermarket of the Jiangyin Wanda Plaza.  


I said to the clerk: 我要两个袋子!


两个袋子? asked the clerk.


对! 两个袋子!


小或大?


大!


That’s the extent of my Chinese speaking ability.


The Jiangyin Wanda Plaza is bigger than the Hui Shan Wanda Plaza.  It has a Burger King and a McDonald’s.


To get there I took the taxi.  It is 41 rmb from Yushanwan Garden where my Jiangyin apartment is.







No comments: