Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Rush Hour Traffic; Intersection Follies; Prince Philip and Pastor Artur;


I drove my son Tony to his boarding on a Sunday evening. A forty minute drive. When we arrived, Tony realized that he had forgotten to put his laptop in his backpack, and that he had left it at home. I wasn't upset with him because I actually wanted to experience driving to his school during morning rush hour...


The drive was what I expected. Traffic at certain times ground to a stop. The one thing I didn't expect was how long the lineup at a turnoff I needed to use to get off the freeway near Tony''s school was to be. I passed the end of the lineup and was forced to do what I loathed seeing other Chinese drivers do: cut into line by doing a maneuver where I had to sneak into a gap caused by the stopping and going of the lineup.



Between the Wanda Shopping Mall and Casa Kaulins, there are two intersections which are manned by personnel trying to ensure civilized behavior by pedestrians and cyclists. On a Monday morning, I saw an e-biker, not wearing a helmet, drive away from a crossing guard who couldn't be bothered to chase after her. At the next intersection, I saw a few e-bikers chided for riding their bikes on the main road, which was for cars, instead of the cycling lane.



I am going to talk to the Old ladies about Prince Philip and Pastor Artur Powlawski. The latter is the best Canadian to make a splash on the international stage since Jordan Peterson. Powlawski's resistance to the Calgary cops has made him a hero to lock-down skeptics world-wide. I first learned about his telling off the cops who were trying to break up his Passover service on a podcast originating from northern England, and then hear him interviewed on podcasts originating from South Carolina and California.


I learned of the death of Prince Philip from my son Tony. That might have been the first time, he ever passed on news to me. That he found it interesting enough to pass on was also a milestone and something I could find of interesting significance as well.


I will report on their reaction of the retired teachers below:


The retired teachers were aware of Prince Philip's death, his relation to the Queen, and that he died at 100. They all seemed to like a photo I found on the Internet of him and the Queen at the Great Wall of China in 1986.


They weren't aware of the significance of Pastor Artur.






No comments: