Monday, April 19, 2021

My Mother's Birthday; Changing Schools?; Systemic Racism?; Random Thoughts

It was my Mom's (my son Tony's Grandma's) birthday on April 14. She was born in 1938. She still lives in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, in a house that we moved into in 1981. All I could do for her birthday was send her birthday wishes, and get Tony to send her greetings as well via his email address. The retired teachers at my Speakers Corner when I told them it was my Mom's birthday, graciously sent her greetings via a short video I recorded and then sent to her.



I maybe changing schools. Why? Lots of reasons, but it is basically a case of the writing being on the wall. They are paying me a lot of money to sit around in an office most of the shift and not do much teaching. Best to go to a place where I'm busy. The problem will really be the paperwork. I have to get my degree legalized and I have to have a criminal records check done. I had the latter done in 2004, but I am not sure if it is still of any use. I had an agent quote a price for the documentation that is half of one month's salary.




Systemic Racism they say is a problem. So, if the system is the problem, why this desire to see Derrick Chauvin suffer for it? He never created the system. The ones who did were directing him and so they should be held responsible, if you accept the logic of "Systemic" Racism. What is actually happening is the people responsible for the system are throwing him under the bus because they can benefit from it and escape responsibility of a black guy appearing to be murdered.



Is someone is 113 to 119 years of age, are they considered a teenager?


Some people like to set their snooze buttons for ten minutes. I like to set mine for 24 hours.


The retired teacher told me that the lineup to get to second jab of the vaccine was much shorter than the lineup to get the first vaccine. I wondered if that was because the first jab had killed a lot of people.


A friend told me that his 13 year old daughter liked Asian boys. (He is of French extraction) This surprised me because while Western men like Asian girls, it is very rare for Western girls to hook up with Asian men. I mentioned this to my friend and he said that his daughter like Korean and Japanese pop music. To which I replied it was a good thing that she didn't like rap or hip-hop music. 


The Conservative leader in Canada is named O'Toole which of course, rhymes with Fool. Prime Minister O'Toole sounds like something that could never happen. And apparently this fellow really is a fool, which means he is not a conservative and has no business being the leader of the Canadian Conservative Party.


No comments: