Monday, March 22, 2021

Made You Look Documentary; Uniformed Karen; Got to get off the Beaten Track; Flannery O'Connor; Righteous Vengeance


On the recommendation of a writer at the American Sun, I watched this Netflix Documentary: Made You Look, which was a story of a modern art scam that took place in New York City. I appreciated the recommendation because the documentary was good and very un-woke. It could have been made by right-wingers. There were so many things about the Documentary for which I will comment.


Modern abstract art seems a fraud. I wonder how rich people can spend so much money on that stuff. The pictures seem to me to be nothing but swirls of paint and shapes that a five-year-old could make.


The forged art pieces first struck the people who saw them as being beautiful. However, these pieces of art didn't command such a high value because of their beauty; they were expensive because they were thought to be made by famous artists. When they were revealed as being "nothing" but skillfully done forgeries, they had next to no value at all. So, you wonder what these rich people are paying for when they buy art.


The forger in question was from China. And he lived actually in Shanghai, by the end of the documentary, having to escape his Long Island house to get away from the Police. In Chinese culture, the documentary said, originality was not considered such an important thing and copying the masters was considered okay, a way of deriving inspiration from it and getting the skill needed for painting.


The female director from the Art Gallery, which bought and sold the fake slash forged paintings, was the central person in the documentary. Viewers were left to wonder if she was in on the scam or whether she had been fooled by the scammers. People interviewed in the documentary were divided on this question.


The scam came to light when the woman who brought the paintings to the gallery was discovered to be married to a man who had been charged in Spain were selling art forgeries. A lawyer who had a huge speaking role in the documentary said it was discovered that the woman had kept all the money herself rather than passing it on to the secret people she said had owned the paintings. But there were clues all the while that something was not right but people wanted to believe


The rich people who bought the fake paintings were impressive individuals, appearance-wise. They dressed well and had great style. However, one had to wonder how they could waste their time with such trifles as owning authentic pieces of modern art that can be easily copied.


The story taking place in New York, I would bet that all the people involved in this world were not the sort of people who voted for Trump. The rich people also seemed to be Globalists, members of the elite that rule over us. And if that is case, God help us all!




Some uniformed person on the Wuxi Metro told me to get my mask to cover my face up to my nose. I was annoyed at him.


The next day, a young woman, with the same uniform, told me as well to put my mask higher on my face.


I have also been told that policeman having been patrolling the trains taking photos of people not wearing their masks without bothering to inform them. Presumably, they were to be identified later using face recognition software


I was sitting at the end of train by myself because I thought it was a good place to put down my muzzle.



Recently, I have had these urges to go off the beaten path that I have been going on since the panic started.


What I find particularly interesting are these narrow streets running off main drags.




I have been reading a real book. Every evening at bedtime, I read a chapter or short story from this anthology of Flannery O'Connor writing put out by the library of America. I understand the stories much better now that I have started to study Catholicism in great detail.



Righteous vengeance? I was driving. A car in front of me stopped to make a turn. I stopped behind him. However, the vehicle behind me didn't stop, didn't even slow down, and narrowly swerved around my car to pass me. This maneuver didn't really earn the driver any big advantage. I ended up driving right behind him as he had to stop at a light. Annoyed at his stupidly rude and aggressive maneuver. I honked my horn at him for at least thirty seconds. It undoubtably annoyed him but I felt the driver deserved it. I wonder if the driver knew that I was honking at him to indicate that he drove like an idiot.





No comments: