Thursday, October 15, 2020

Seafood Buffet; Canvas Shoes and Flood Pants; Tony's English Homework; Things I Must Do Every Day; Got to be More Outgoing; My Caffeine Habit; Donald Trump & King David; Tony School Trouble; Turks Selling Jewelry


Went to the Amazon Seafood Buffet in the Wanda Mall that is close to Compound Kaulins.  It was crap.  Which is surprising given that the restaurant has been open since the Wanda Mall opened how ever many years ago that it did.  Restaurants come and go in the Mall on an almost weekly basis.



I was crossing an at intersection, looking towards the ground in front of me as I am wont to do, and I saw two people wearing canvas shoes ( that seem to be the fashion these days), ankle socks, and pants that went down to about three inches above the ankles.  When I was young, a person would get teased if their pants rode so high, but now it is the fashion, not only for women, which I am fine with, but men, which I think is a bridge too far.  Anyway, from the bottom of the pants downward, I thought I was looking at the ankles of two females; looking above the pant bottoms, I saw that one of the persons was female and the other was a male.



This text has something to do with Tony's English homework:   I present the students with a Project Based Learning task. This independent or small group task is designed to provide the students with an opportunity to apply their knowledge to a real-life project that can inspire and contribute to the greater community. Although designed, they are meant to be authentic and celebrate the students understanding and creativity while encouraging skills like time-management, organisation, research, teamwork, problem solving, communication skills and more. These attributes are essential for 21st Century learners.  Gobbledygook! is all I can say.  I want Tony to be reading.  All this other stuff that the teacher is talking, which can Tony as far as studying, will follow



Taking the bus to my school, I saw a person sleeping on the sidewalk.  There seemed to a mattress and some adequate quilts in the sleeping arrangement.



Now sure what to talk about so I will list the things, I try to get myself to do every day.  Every day, I must pray the rosary, study Chinese, study French, study Spanish, study Latvian, read a poem, read literature, and write something for my blog.  I also try to do the normal things like take a shower and eat.  Ha ha.  I should write an email that to someone that is important to me.



I am getting old and I still need to change.  I've got to really be more outgoing.  I have assiduously avoided people for too long.



I drink a lot of caffeine in the morning.  This morning (October 14th), I drank a cup of tea and a cup of coffee.  I write this after hearing the Z man say he drinks tea all the time.  I wonder if he uses tea bags or makes his tea in the correct way that Orwell wrote about.



They didn't like it at my SPC when I told them that Donald Trump has been compared to the King David of the Old Testament.  This was in an SPC where the subject was Jews.  The students said the Jews were smart and good at making money.



Tony didn't hand in some Chinese homework.  I got a message on the school portal telling me as much.  My first reaction was that his mother was going to be peed.  I asked Tony what happened and he hemmed and hawed and said something about not knowing what was happening.


The next day, he was upset about some incident he had with a roommate.  What Tony told me happened was that the roommate hit him because he had used another roommate's towel to wash his hands. Either that or Tony used the roommate's towel.  Tony was so upset by this that he didn't eat anything for dinner and told me that he wanted to move to another room to get away from that roommate.  I told him first to calm down and not get mad about this incident; and that in life he had expect that many of these disagreeable incidents would happen.  I also advised him that whoever was at fault, he shouldn't be an asshole.  If he was in the wrong, he should not do it again.  If he wasn't, he shouldn't go out of his way to be an asshole as well.  Whether that made him feel better, I couldn't rightly say.  Whether he will heed my advice, I couldn't say either.  I suspect he won't.  I'll just have to repeat myself and hope that it sticks eventually.



On the streets of Wuxi, I see that men of Turkic appearance walking the streets trying to hawk jewelry.  I assume they are from Xinjiang, but maybe I am wrong.




No comments: