Friday, September 8, 2023

Latvia Basketball and Other Bloggins

The Latvian Basketball Team came so close to winning that quarterfinal basketball game against Germany.  When they were down by twelve points, I knew in my gut that they were coming back.  When they had possession of the ball with nine seconds to go and were down by two points, I was expecting them to sink a three-pointer and win the game.  Alas, they missed!  It was like there was a breach in the space-time continuum.  I couldn’t believe it.


But maybe it was more poetic that they lost.  The could-have-beens are much more etched in one’s psychic memories.  Once the Red Sox won the World Series, what was the point of them?



One full week of the 2023-24 school year down.  I sort of have my mojo back.  I get up at 4:30 AM no problem.



My son Tony is with me.  He is attending my school in Jiangyin.  We usually don’t cross paths during the day.  He comes back home at 8:30 PM.



Could Trump Exhaustion Syndrome sink his candidacy?  The 2024 election is fourteen months away and Trump will be in the headlines for all of them. I say this hoping he can win the 2024 election.



“Tucker Carlson reports in bad faith!” says a reporter who is trying to defend Joe Biden from charges of corruption.  Hunter was working for Burisma, admitted the reporter, but still there was nothing to see there, the reporter continued…



The high speed train track near our (that be Tony and Mine) apartment is in operation.  The trains however only going one way.  This might be because the Jiangyin Train Station isn’t open yet. 

No comments: