Monday, September 18, 2023

Friends of Eddie Coyle, Pray the Rosary, My Jiangyin Weekend


I watched a movie on the weekend of the 17th and 18th:  The Friends of Eddie Coyle (1973).  A good movie which had a astonishing sequence (I thought) take place in the Boston Garden during a Bruins game.  I saw Tony Esposito with his trademark mask and Robert Mitchum say lines praising Bobby Orr.


My Jiangyin weekend spent mostly in the apartment.  Tony & I went to the Monte Carlo for beer, pizza, fries and salad.  Lots of older foreigners at that bar.  I didn’t talk to any.  I still don’t know my way about downtown Jiangyin.  I did class planning and Tony did his homework.  Sunday, we went to a Decathlon so Tony could buy swim trunks for swimming class.


I listened to a Prayer the Rosary audio session on X (Twitter).  About a hundred people listen to it.  Most of these people must be in North America.


I made this delicious egg burger cheese wraps for Tony.  He seems to like ‘em.


 Could Biden be impeached?  The numbers in the congress say no.  But who’s to say that the Democrats don’t use it as a pretext to get rid of him.  He’s senile, an embarrassment, and even Dems can’t deny it.


I had to kick out an idiot from my Wuxi He Man group.  He was spewing bigot talk to the point of distraction.  (Notice I didn’t say he was razist)


James Delingpole has something to replace the London Calling podcast, he no longer does:  a podcast about the Psalms.  I’m thinking to do a video where I film in China but read a Psalm.  




No comments: