Saturday, January 29, 2022

Canadian Covidian Jackass


I posted something in support of the Canadian truckers on a WeChat Canadian group.  I got flak from a Covidian in the group who labelled the truckers as a bunch of babies.  He said he had a beef against them because a 70 year old relative could not get into hospital because of the unvaccinated. 


I brought up the instances of the inhumanity of dying people being separated from their loved ones because of Covid protocols.  I mentioned the particularly egregious case of a husband pleading and not being allowed to be with his dying wife in England.  I also pointed out that the Covidian was over employing ad hominem in his diatribes.  He persisted, as Covidians are wont to do, I've noticed, and I declared victory in the debate.  He didn't like that.  My blood was boiling so I had to bow out anyway.


The debate continued in the group.  Others got involved.  One Covidian accused a sceptic of getting his information from YouTube.  A strange thing to say given that YouTube is censoring sceptics.


The Covidian Jackass was still arguing.  He said that China had done such a great job dealing with the pandemic by employing and enforcing the strictest rules in the world. (Not true on so many counts.  China has turned into a big airport.). People who don't see this, he said, were suffering from cognitive dissonance.


The debate came to an end.  The Covidian Jackass then asked if anyone was doing interesting for the CNY holiday.  In doing so, he exhibited cognitive dissonance of his own:  Foreigners are not allowed to leave the areas they are living in for the CNY holiday.

No comments: