Thursday, January 27, 2022

An Ice Hole Trying to Cut in!

I've been told by many locals that they hate people who cut in line.  I've also seen many locals cut in line.  So does every local cut in line?  I don't think so.  It must be a brazen minority.


Yesterday, we (that be Jenny, Tony & I) were leaving the Livat aka Wuxi IKEA aka Hui Ju Mall.  There was a long lineup to get to the exit gate.


The line curved to our left at one point.  At this bend, cars coming from the right could "cut in."  But these cars were in a legitimate lane so really they were really merging, not cutting in.  


The long lineup was a result of cars coming from a far end of the parking lot.  As this lineup formed, some impatient drivers thinking the back of the line was a mistake would drive around the end of the line and thus along it.  I assume that instead of returning to the back that most of them would try to cut into line.  So I am being charitable to some of these queue-jumpers, up to a point.  But a couple of drivers were really brazen.  A few drove along the line and tried to cut into the line beyond the bend.  They were trying to cut into as far front of the lineup as possible.


I had just waited to the point where our car was pass the bend and on the straightaway to the exit when a big black SUV tried to cut in front of the car just ahead of me in line (a Porsche convertible, but that's another story).  My wife said something derogatory about the SUV driver as she witnessed this.  And I assume that the other drivers and passengers in line were cursing the driver as well.  The Porsche didn't let him cut in, and I was determined to not let him cut in either.  I blocked him and I am happy to report that four or five other drivers didn't let the SUV cut in as well.


What an ice hole!

No comments: