Thursday, June 18, 2020

I'm Stuck on Planet Stupid People


  • This entry is about things other than my wife's tiger-mothering.

  • I asked three students if they could they tell me the last time they got angry. One student was able to tell me; two others told me that "they couldn't remember!" I have gotten the "I can't remember" answer so often in my time teaching in China that I have to wonder how it is that they say East-Asians have such high IQ's. Not letting that answer go, I mocked the students by asking them if they remembered their names, and if they had had breakfast. One student was puzzled by my question, sighing aloud as he answered before he then realized what I was doing. I am just checking your memory, I told him.

  • Another student is really scared of the virus. She isn't letting her daughter go to kindergarten. And she also happens to have a husband working in Sweden. Because of Sweden's more relaxed response to the virus, she and her husband are angry at each other because she doesn't want to stay with him in Sweden.

  • I see someone wearing a face mask as they were driving in car without passengers.


No comments: