Wednesday, June 3, 2020

More Thoughts on the Minneapolis Riots

  • What is going on now in the States seems to have a bit of a resemblance to what was happening in China during the Cultural Revolution: half of those in power in America are encouraging the madness because they seem themselves benefitting from it. Either that or they are really stupid enough to think that self-destruction is the right thing. (Another interesting take I came upon was how the riots were the Left's 2020 Tet Offensive: a last desperate attempt to discredit Trump.)

  • Minneapolis, from what I saw and heard, went out of its way to be anti-racist. And the end result? A race riot.

  • Why are people outside of the USA protesting what happened in Minneapolis? That is probably what has surprised me most about what has happened. Is anti-racism the new religion of Westerners?

  • I now consider myself to be an anti-anti-racist. From my vantage point, it seems that anti-racists are bigger hypocrites and liars than racists. And I will say this about racists: they don't hate people or others because of the color of their skin. What they hate is how these others behave and what they believe. These thoughts come to me as I recall that Malcom X said he rather deal with a southern redneck than a white liberal; David Warren saying that bigotry should be celebrated because what it says about most of humanity is true; and the Z-man saying racism is not the huge problem some say it is.

  • Another take that stood out to me, as I was surfing the internet about the troubles in the USA was someone saying that because of the riots, they can understand how the Joker movie grossed over a billion dollars last year. Tony & I eventually saw the movie, and I was pleased to report that Tony actually found the movie appalling. He found the way the Joker character behaved in the film to be inexplicable. I found the film manipulative and lacking in subtlety, and verging on Grade B plot wise. That others could find the film inspiring (in a way) is scary. You really had to have low IQ to take the film seriously.

  • The CTV News App I have on my phone sent an update saying the Obama was going to address the nation about the riots happening in America. I am no fan of Obama as someone who has read my blog may have garnered. So the update put me in a dark mood and got me to think the following about a possible Obama speech. I say that I can't see him having any new thoughts or insights to offer on the issue of race in America that he hadn't already offered in the campaign that got him elected in 2008. If he really wanted to do some good, he would have to change his thinking. And that would mean denouncing the forces that lead to his election in the first. In other words, he would have to repudiate the voters who elected him and gave him his position of eminence in the first place. He would thus have to say something really courageous and true. But he will instead try some emotional gimmick that would get him praise for being courageous and profound from the people responsible for the rioting.

  • How is it say, the Chicoms, that is okay for Trump to shoot at rioters on the streets of America but not for them to shoot at "rioters" on the streets of Hong Kong? A simple, but nonetheless true way to look at is, that the shooters in America would be the good guys, and the shooters in Hong Kong would be the bad guys. As well, if the truism that the only good commie is a dead commie is true, which of course it is, then the communists are the rioters in America and the communists are the powers that be in Hong Kong. And as far as I know, the protestors in Hong Kong haven't done that much looting and really haven't been rioters in the way that the thugs on the streets of America have been. (Do the Chicoms think it is thus okay for the authorities to shoot rioters in America? Do the Chicoms also think that it is okay for Americans use guns to defend their property?)



No comments: