Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Dark Thoughts

  • I am not very busy at work. I have gone to my school for work shifts and have had no students to teach. If I wasn't getting paid, this would be a very bad thing. As it is, it is simply an annoying thing because there is only one thing worse than not being busy and that is expecting not to be busy and then having some classes to teach. I like having lots of free time so I can study languages, read good thoughts and blog what I am thinking..

  • If something can't go on forever, it won't. I will have some announcements to make in this blog, once I have told the relevant people what I am thinking of doing.

  • Most days, I start my shifts at school at 13:00. In the morning, I drive Tony to school and then go for a walk in the area around the Casa Kaulins complex. I take photos and videos that I put on the story feature of the Facebook messenger app because I see a lot of things that I don't see in Canada and I want my Facebook contacts to see them. One morning, I walked past a truck being unloaded and all the workers gave me sullen looks. I wondered if under different circumstances, these people would be attacking me.

  • One point that anti-immigration people make is that immigration from third world countries usually leaves these countries with less human capital. That is, the people who should be helping their third-world countries are being allowed to go to first-world countries. Immigrant proponents don't have an answer for this. They probably would say that it was imperialistic to tell third-world countries how to run their affairs. And yet, they would tell the US how to run their affairs. [Many of these proponents are not American, and they use Trump's position on immigration as proof of his supposed racism.]

  • A sight that made me say YES!!! A car was in the bicycle lane trying to make a right turn. The car was blocked by bicycles and e-bikes. The car honked for them to get out of the way. The cyclists didn't move. The car honked some more. Still the cyclists didn't move. The car then honked very emphatically. Again, no movement from the cyclists.

  • How do I feel about teaching? When it turns into an activity of running out the clock, I hate it.


No comments: