Wednesday, January 17, 2024

5:27 AM View


 One more full work day before the holiday.

Yesterday, I didn’t have any grading.  I forced myself to do some planning, aka make PPTs.  Absolute power corrupts but power point corrupts absolutely.

Tony & I met up at Wolle’s German Restaurant.  He didi’d it from the sports center; I didi’d it from the apartment.  That was  first of sorts.  The restaurant was very fine.  Tony enjoyed his burger, I enjoyed my fried sausages and fries.  The menu had plenty more options which we intend to further explore.  We met Wolle, the proprietor.  As an ice breaker, I asked him how long he had been in Jiangyin, and I was surprised to learn he’d been there 26 years.  He further told us that he hadn’t been back to Europe in that time.  Hopefully, if I am fortunate to meet him again, I can learn why.

Thinking about that long stint away from his native country, I thought about my seven year and my current five year stint away from Canada.  I also thought that I could have told him that I could top him for time away from Europe; for I haven’t been back in Europe since I was a baby and infant there over 55 years ago.

No comments: