Saturday, February 11, 2023

Mid February Randoms

The longest conversation I’ve had with a local in English since I been in Jiangyin has been with a taxi driver.  It certainly hasn’t been with a student.


The driver, who was not a Jiangyin local, told me that he found Jiangyin people to be stuck-up snobs.


Don’t care who wins the Super Bowl.


Coulter said the Canadian idea is to be boring and to have a nincompoop prime minister.  She’s mostly right.  And it’s better to be boring than bored.  Although, I can help but think that 2023 Canada is a country of bored people.  It stopped being boring around 1967 when it decided it was bored.  Look up Chesterton to see the difference between bored and boring.


Could it be that I’m too lazy to have friends?  Either that or misdirected energy.  Or I am not a person anyone should be friends with.


I see a grey-haired man with a ponytail.  And he’s younger than me.


If I make it, I will have done five cycles of the Chinese zodiac.  


The didi (Chinese Uber) driver, that took me home from Monte Carlo’s Bistro, drove with his two hands gripping the steering wheel.  I drive with one hand lightly on the steering wheel.


It’s Saturday night and I’m in bed by 9:30 PM.  That’s late for me.


I like tweeting about the blog posts I’ve read, the podcasts I’ve listened to, the blog entries I’ve made, the good Wordle results I’ve had, and the videos I’ve posted on YouTube.


No comments: