Friday, July 3, 2020

Tony Finishes School; My Childhood Was So Much Better than Tony's; Bring Back the Sabbath; Went to the Wuxi Airport, A Van Driver Gets His Comeuppance from Me; SM off Youtube; Senior Students at my Speakers Corners

Tony Finishes School; My Childhood Was So Much Better than Tony's; Bring Back the Sabbath; Went to the Wuxi Airport, A Van Driver Gets His Comeuppance from Me; SM off YouTube; Senior Students at my Speakers Corners

  • Tony finishes school on the 11th. That be July 11th. So, at the start of July, my wife Jenny is tiger-mothering him to the hilt. His general demeanour has been one of general moroseness and tiredness.

  • I don't know if I have said this but I find myself not caring so much how Tony goes in school. The thing is I don't want my wife to succeed with her methods. Since Tony went to school, family life has taken a dismal turn. I had it so much better when I was growing up. Sundays, I could go out or my father would take us for drives. In China, he would be considered a bad man because he wasn't making his children spend their Sundays doing homework.

  • Bring back the Sabbath. Sunday shopping marked the real decline of civilization in the West.

  • I went to the Sunao Shuofeng Airport for the first time since I flew to Yunnan province in 2004. The place was not at all as I remembered it. I recall that 12 years ago, the place had only one level. This time the airport had a departure and arrival levels. And it now looked like the Nanjing main train station with its crescent drive in and out before the entrances. I went to the airport, not to catch a flight, but to be the token foreigner in a video to be shown to passengers landing to Wuxi on international flights. I was filmed talking to a policewoman. Not having any lines to say, I chatted with the woman and ignored the big camera crew filming us.

  • Really annoyed this van driver, I did... But only because he annoyed me first. It was just after I had dropped off Tony*. There is an intersection, where I can turn right, go straight, or turn left to get home. When I first came to this intersection a few years ago, I tried turning right but eventually found it annoying and decided to instead turn left because there were less delays even though I did have to drive further. Turning right, I would have to wait four or five lights before I could turn, all the while having to contend with drivers trying to either cut in line from the left turn lane to trying to get around the line by driving in the bicycle lane and even trying to cut in line from the right. I remember one time, pounding on the window of a vehicle and giving its driver a middle finger salute when he got too close to my car when trying to cut in ahead of me. Anyway. Back to the latest incident: I was in the left turn lane and was in front of the line. When the light is red, I can't enter the intersection, but when the light is green and the left turn light is red, I can enter the intersection part ways: there is a path is marked with lines. There was a van behind me. I didn't pay notice it until it honked its horn. And I saw that the van wanted me to move ahead so it could cut into the lane next to me. I decided to not move ahead and stop the guy from cheating. This annoyed the driver to no end and he gave me quite a sour look when he was finally able to get around me. I gave him the finger in response to his glare. It gives me no end of pleasure to annoy jerks like that. And why do they seem to take umbrage at being caught out? That's China for you.

  • Stefan Molyneux kicked off of YouTube. Being in China, I am not impacted by this. I was always listening to him via podcast. These live-streaming shows don't do me any good with my being on the wrong side of the world and in the wrong time zones. Although I wonder if I would listen to them if the times were better for me. Which makes me wonder about the people who consume him on Youtube. Pretty lazy if you ask me. You can easily get all these YouTube-banned dissidents on other platforms. The thing about him being kicked off is that he was pretty milquetoast, and tried very hard to stay away from landmines that the Lefties get off on. [Getting kicked off Youtube is not becoming a badge of honor in these idiotic times.]

  • Attendance at my Speakers Corners is increasing somewhat. I mean, I have gone from having none or one attendee to four or five. What I can report about the audience is that I am getting these old-timers coming to attend. Their listening isn't very good, but they are keen and have more interesting things to say than the younger attendees. One woman told me she was a member of the Communist Party but hated attended meetings because real discussion wasn't allowed. An older man told me that he tried to join the party but figured his application was rejected because he said he was too frank in his opinionating. He also told me that he was able to access news about Hong Kong that most people in the PRC couldn't access. I have taken in what they said without agreeing with them. To the woman, I talked about how many see the Democrats and Republicans in the US as being real a uniparty. I wonder too if these people are for real. That they seem too willing to talk about not liking the CCP. I wonder if they are trying to entrap foreigners.


*Hmmm. Seems something always happens after I drop Tony off at school.


No comments: