Thursday, May 14, 2020

Still Reeling from the Further Furloughing; Hate Laws are Against the Law; Tony's Musical Tastes Branch out; The Last Dance; Jesus Is Actually Barabbas; A Local Going About His Day Confusingly; Can't Stop Myself Middle-Fingering; Am I Stuck among Pharisee


  • With my return to work on hold to some indefinite date in the time beyond the before times, I have been peevish and irritable. As in my practice, unless something provokes me, I am not acting out on these emotions. I am letting them stew. I am not bothering to seek council (or is it counsel) from anyone in this area. I pray for strength to get through this and find someone I could confidently take council from.

  • Hate laws, if you take the time to think about it, are in violation of hate laws. If it is illegal to hate something, then it is even illegal to hate something that is illegal. I mean what are laws basically but ways of legislating against things we hate. So maybe laws are against hate laws.

  • My son Tony has expressed an interest in music from the fifties. He was asking me about Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash and Dean Martin. He found it surprising to learn that Martin was a singer. Good for Tony to branch out into types of music that I didn't think he liked which it would be good if he did.

  • Smarter and better bloggers than me say they have lost their interest in Sports-ball. I would have too, and I would have blogged that I wasn't missing it during this Shamdemic were it not for Tony who really is in to Sports-ball, and who am I to deny a child innocent pleasures? Alas, if they were actually innocent! I say this because Tony & I are watching the Last Dance Documentary series about the 1997-98 Chicago Bulls. It is interesting but it is depicting the Chicago Bulls dynasty in a very soap-operaish manner. It also doesn't help that the makers of the documentary felt it necessary to have presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama appear in the documentary. Bill Clinton got to make an appearance because Scottie Pippen played college ball in Arkansas. Barack Obama made an appearance because he lived in Chicago, though at the time of the Bulls Dynasty, no one would have heard of him. Obama also appeared because the ESPN types consider him to be Jesus. In the fifth part of the series, Michael Jordan was criticized because he didn't offer public support to some black guy who was running against Jesse Helms for a North Carolina senate seat. And the comment he made that Republicans buy sneakers too was portrayed as being crass. Jordan defended himself to the extent that he said that he was focused on a being a basketball player, but had to then insist that he had given money to the campaign of the black guy running for the Senate seat. Obama then made an appearance and said something to the effect that when black people like Oprah, Jordan and he become famous, it is so hard for them because they are black. It was utter Obama pablum. I was screaming at my computer (on which I was watching the series) for Obama to just shut up. I heard about how bad ESPN has come but they are really taking the pleasure out of enjoying sports. Sports are supposed to be a diversion from the stupidity of life, especially politics. ESPN had forgotten this. Damn them!

  • Ha! It turns out that Jesus – oops! I mean Obama – is actually a Barabbas. I knew that in 2009 when his appearance on the world stage looked to me like Jonestown on a big scale. The Obama fans aka Barabbisians will be still be denial despite the amount of evidence that has now come to light.

  • The only interactions that I have with Chinese these days – excepting my wife Jenny, of course – is when I am driving. It is impossible to have a good opinion of them after driving, as I have said in the blog, ad nauseam. All I can say is that they do have an ability to raise the level of stupidity and impudence every week. I mean there has to be something special about them as drivers when every week, I find myself saying to myself that I had thought I had seen it all. This week, I saw a driver who looked to have put drapes on the windows of his car. The only places where there weren't drapes were on the front windshield and the front halves of the front seat side windows where he would see his side mirrors. I assume that he did this draping to shade the interior. (If you looked closer the drapes were actually those shade covers you usually see put up when the car is stopped but not when it is being driven). This moron driver with drapes nearly cut me as he tried to get in the left lane before then deciding to make a right turn.

  • I was in a double wide turning lane, in the left lane, when a van tried to sneak in front of me from the right. The driver didn't make a turn signal and so he earned my ire and I didn't yield to him. When it was time to turn he managed to get in front of me and have his van come to a dead stop. I saw that he was trying to turn around and was confused about what to do. A Chinese person will go through their way without consideration with others around them. A Chinese person confused about the way they are supposed to be going is even more of a menace and a nuisance.

  • I prayed two mysteries of the Rosary but it couldn't stop me from raging as I drove. Three instances of being cut off and I started making the middle-finger salute. As I was the road that went beside my apartment complex, I held on to my steering wheel with my arms while making middle-finger salutes with both hands. I wasn't doing this to anyone in particular. I was doing this for the local driving environment altogether.

  • Jesus had enemies. I believe they were called the Pharisees. Can that explain the problem I am having with the sorts I see everyday now? You have to love your enemies without weakening yourself to a point that you try to deny they are enemies.


No comments: