Friday, December 27, 2019

A Genius for Stupidity; Impeachment; Christmas Eve, Christmas Day; Christmas Day Argument; Tony Dreams of a Road Trip

  • When it comes to parking or stopping their cars, the locals have an absolute genius for parking or stopping their cars in a stupid manner. It would never occur to me to stop or park my car in the way I have seen many locals do it. So maybe they are genius parkers; if genius is a way of doing things that normal people would never think to do. Then again, maybe the definition of stupidity is trying to force genius.

  • What do I think of the impeachment of President Trump? Not much. He should wear it as a badge of honor for it means that idiots really really really hate him.

  • Christmas Eve, my birthday, I had a 19:00 SPC. One student came. I then caught the bus and arrived home at 21:00. Normally, I would have gotten off at an earlier stop so I could get home later, but I had been lead to hope that maybe tonight, my wife Jenny wouldn't be tiger-mothering my son Tony. I was wrong. I got to the door. It was locked. My wife opened it with a scowl on her face. Tony had gotten a poor mark on some test and she was going over with him. Now, my Chinese wife doesn't so much tutor Tony as have an extended temper tantrum. And whatever was wrong with Tony was all my fault because I was weak and selfish and wasn't helping Tony, according to Jenny. Truth is I am weak (which I have had Jenny tell me many a time) but if I was to become strong, Jenny would like it a lot less than the weak me. A strong husband wouldn't be putting up with his wife's bullshit like I have.

  • Christmas Day, I drove Tony to school in the morning and picked him up in the evening. Merry Christmas! I said to Tony. They don't care about Christmas here! He replied. (although to be fair, he does) On the way back home we had to stop off at Jenny's office to pick up something. So I took a bit of a different route home. Along the way, I saw this car driving really slowly with its four way blinkers on. Strange, I thought. And the car had to go ahead of me into the lane I was in!!! I resisted the urge to give the car's driver a fuck-you honk. But then we got to an intersection with a sign that said no u-turns between 16:30 and 18:00. I looked at my car's clock to see it was 17:00 and so I can say that I had been planning to make a u-turn. There was another place I could make a legal u-turn so it was no big deal to not do one there. However, the car, I was telling you about, was planning to make the u-turn and the driver, of course, ignored the sign or maybe didn't understand it or whatever it is that enters or doesn't enter the minds of local drivers. And so I gave the driver a fuck-you honk as he made his imprudent u-turn.

  • Christmas Day, I was screamed at by Jenny for the usual reasons which I won't get into, and she gave all the reasons that we should divorce. I wasn't buying it. Though the reasons she gave for divorcing me were all valid, divorce is out of the question for me: I want to be a good Catholic. And the argument left me feeling me better anyway as so much tension was released that the release might have been my best Christmas present ever.

  • One of Tony's dreams is to go on a North American road trip and visit NBA arenas. He has been asking me questions like how far Houston and other American cities are from Winnipeg.


No comments: