Thursday, November 8, 2018

A Whole Slew of Accidents

In mid-October there was a stretch of days when I would see traffic accident after traffic accident.

Saturday afternoon, I saw the aftermath of a fast car having hit a pedestrian.  I was at work and a student, who had seen the scene earlier, told me that an ambulance had taken the pedestrian away.

Saturday evening, I saw there was a crowd of people standing on a road and I then drove past a woman e-biker clutching in agony after having been hit by a car.

Sunday afternoon, Tony & I walk past an accident scene.  Car had hit an e-biker.  The e-biker's bike was down but the e-biker was sitting up and in place, possibly to block the car from driving off.

Monday evening, Tony & I were standing at a street corner waiting for a green pedestrian signal when two e-bikes collided in front of us.  One e-biker said something to the other e-biker and drove away.  The other e-biker was knocked to the ground.   I then alternated between watching, in front of me, the latter struggle to pick up his stuff and get his e-bike upright; and looking over my shoulder to see the former scoot off in the distance.

I can't remember the collision that I saw the aftermath of on Tuesday.

Wednesday morning, I was driving back home after having dropped off Tony at school, when I saw the aftermath of a collision between a pedestrian and a white sedan.  The pedestrian was clutching at his forehead, white paper in his hand, while the driver was squatting near him, talking on his mobile.

Wednesday evening, I was walking on Zhongshan Road and I saw that a BMW SUV had hit an e-bike.  The funny thing about the accident scene was that the e-bike was leaning against the BMW.  I couldn't tell who had been on the e-bike.

And then for four days, nothing.  I then saw an e-bike had been hit by a car and the all the e-biker's eggs were smashed on the pavement.


No comments: