Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tony is Happy that England Beat Tunisia

I followed the recent NHL playoffs by watching these four to six minute long recap videos, of recently-played games, that were available on the NHL app.  With the actual games taking over two hours to play and my having better things to do with my time, the recap videos were a godsend.  They showed the best part of the games and saved me from having to sit through the much more numerous boring parts.

These similar sort of highlight videos are available for matches currently taking place in the World Cup.  However, they are not easy for me to find on Youku, the Chinese version of Youtube.  I have to scroll through video upon video of selected game moment highlights before I can find the proper recap video.  These videos , once found, have been about four to five minutes in length.  You can see all that was interesting in the match without having to see all that wasn't, like the player collisions that resulted in melodramatics from hurt players, the wildly optimistic shots at goal that veered a mile off target, and the passing of the ball about in midfield.

I showed one of these short videos for Tony of the match between England and Tunisia.  His rooting interest was with England, and so I didn't tell him the score was and just let him watch.  When he saw the game winning goal scored by England, he was very excited like any Kickball fan would be when a goal was scored by his team.  

No comments: