Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Using Ai

 I haven’t been able to access ChatGpt in China.  I am however now able to access Google’s Bard.  I have asked Bard to make poetry, to answer some riddles, and sports trivia questions.  The results have been mixed. The poetry produced has been childish but clever, the riddles have been answered correctly, but a lot of the sports questions asked of Bard have resulted in wrong answers.


I asked Bard about the 1976-77 Brandon Wheat Kings and the Montreal Canadiens 1971 Stanley Cup playoff run.  Bard told me the 1977 Wheat Kings won the Memorial Cup.  They didn’t. The Wheat Kings have in fact never won the Memorial Cup.  As for the Habs 1971 playoff run, Bard said the Habs didn’t play the North Stars.  In fact, they did play the North Stars.


What do I make of this Ai?  Its ability to produce text will make my job teaching English hard.

No comments: