Monday, February 22, 2021

Lent; Limbaugh; Moving; My 2021 Spring Festival; So Not Busy;


It's Lent.  I hope to observe.  But it won't be easy.  I'm am submitting myself to a personal discipline, which I gather from the daily decade podcast that I have been listening to, is not enough.  I need some Catholic authority assistance in my life.


When something happens in the news that I find interesting, I find I am very interested in the reactions to the event.  However, with the Limbaugh death, I read the reactions and they were predictable.  From a normie conservative viewpoint, he was a hero; from a dissident conservative viewpoint, he was flawed but maybe okay or maybe not okay; from a white liberal viewpoint, he was evil incarnate.


Casa Kaulins will be moving.  My wife Jenny is buying an apartment in a complex near the Hui Shan Sports Center.  If you have ever visited my photo blog, you may have seen photos of the sports center which runs near the #1 Wuxi Metro Line.  We'll be closer to the Metro and have a place to exercise nearby which Tony may like.


My Spring Festival was dull.  It felt a lot like being in lockdown.  We didn't go out much and felt restricted as to where to go.  Apparently, there were 700,000 more people in Wuxi than normal Spring Festivals on account on Covid travel restrictions, and thus some of the local tourist spots and parks were overwhelmed.  I did go out once for pizza night at my Canadian friend's apartment.  He is bullish on China's prospects.  I find myself feeling dismal about them and wondering where I should spend my final days:  in China or somewhere else in Canada.


Oh God!  Foreign Teachers are said to be in great demand currently, but I am so not busy.  I do nothing but a few kid's classes and speakers corners.  And the kid's classes are becoming less and less.  I should change schools but it isn't easy.  I hope I can get a job at Tony's current school.


What am I doing in my spare time?  I study languages.  I read a lot.  I do this blog.  I pace and fret.  I pray.  I should be writing more and looking for ways to make more money.


I am going to have a lot of free time in the next few months.  If you need a correspondent, I'm your man.  If you need a butler, I'm your man.  If you need someone to write or transcribe, I'm your man.  If you need someone with whom to converse in English, I'm your man.  If you need a kindred soul, perhaps I'm your man.


No comments: