Thursday, February 25, 2021

Covid Travel Restrictions Mean I Am Stuck in China; Monkeys on Campus; Pray for Dave Warren; I Know Someone Who Has Had Covid!; No Circle in China



Got a notice from the Canadian Consulate telling me about what would happen if I currently traveled back to Canada:  I would need to take covid tests, stay in a hotel for three days at my expense, and then undergo two weeks of quarantine.  All very inconvenient.   So basically, I am stuck in China till the restrictions are removed.  Bastards!!!  I haven't seen my mother in nearly two years and pray I can see her in 2022.

I have to battle despair on account of this.  The lockdown has reduced my options for finding ways to earn more income.


Monkeys hanging out on Campus at a University in Suzhou.  A student at the school was telling me about this.  The monkeys are a source of mischief, stealing mobile phones and food and entering classes and dormitories.  The monkeys which aren't native to Suzhou, are escaped from a nearby zoo.  The authorities are trying to catch them but it is hard.  I told the student that they could tell stories about this the rest of their lives.


My favorite blogger, David Warren, who writes the Essays in Idleness blog, has recently undergone heart surgery.  I pray for his recovery and his return to blogging.


After nearly 400 days of Covid being a thing, I finally know of people who have got it.  A friend in Winnipeg, who I saw on my last visit to Canada, caught it.  A niece who lives in BC has also caught it.  Both of them have said that it was like having a bad cold or flu.  I also have a friend in Canada who has to take a vaccine against the Shingles.  But that is another story.

No one in my small circle of acquaintances in China has caught it.


It just occurred to me that I spend more time on social media talking to people I knew in Canada than to people I know of in China.  I am kind of isolated here.


This talk that a vaccine is needed to get out of this Covid Crisis is nonsense.  The virus will take its course and become as harmless as the Spanish Flu virus that is still around.


It seems no one is reading this blog.  I haven't been cancelled.  And I am certainly un-woke.


No comments: