Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Teaching Tony Poker; Curb Your Enthusiasm; A Drive in Wuxi; Back to Work? Who Knows!; Baseball and Football; Apartment Complex Restrictions


  • On a suggestion from my wife Jenny, who wanted him to not spend so much time on smart phones and computers, I taught Tony poker. He quickly got into it but as of the time of this blog posting, he hadn't yet caught on to theintricacies of the game. He was doing a lot of "tells" like discarding five cards at once and moaning at the cards he had just been dealt. And he became despondent when on I got a lucky streak and had four full houses in a row.

  • In other Tony news, I can report that he now likes the TV series Curb Your Enthusiasm. He loves the character Leon.

  • On the February 17th, I first drove the Kaulins family car to Wuxi Downtown to start the process of renewing my visa, and then drove to Metro (a sort of Costco) to buy a few groceries. There was more traffic than I was expecting on the roads, and the Metro parking lot was full of cars. I bought ten bottles of Corona, of which there seems to be a lot, but I have had a hard time finding potato chips. To renew my visa, I had been signing my full name "Andis Edmunds Kaulins." Somewhere along the line of dealing with PRC officialdom, I was forced into the habit. 

  • As of now, we are scheduled to go back to work in March, but word on the street is that the start date will be pushed back further into the future.

  • To pass the time, Tony & I have also been tossing a baseball (we have gloves) and an American football back and forth. We have to be careful that we don't break things.

  • We are only allowed to leave the apartment complex every second day, and when we do, only one of us can go.


No comments: