Sunday, August 1, 2021

Can I Get Off Clown World?; Mattresses; Move Delayed;

The local authorities insist on having everyone in the district do a Covid test. So, in the public spaces near the Hui Shan Wanda Mall, they have set up these huge testing centers which seem able to accommodate thousands of people having to queues.


Summer classes and sports practices for children have been cancelled.


I pray that a lockdown isn't coming.





Scratch what I said about moving August 1st. The 29th floor apartment we wanted didn't have mattresses for the beds, and the landlord wanted us to buy them. There was then an ugly scene where my wife Jenny had to call the police to get our deposit back. Nothing I could do but stand and watch; my son Tony was very angry at the landlords and wanted me to punch them. I needed Jenny to confirm for him that it wasn't good idea.


I will be moving August 8th. We found a cleaner apartment in a nearby buliding on the 19th floor. That has two bathrooms. And I can see my school from my bedroom. The people at school, if they wanted, could watch me get dressed with a telescope or binoculars.


No comments: