Monday, February 26, 2018

Misplaced My Phone in My Pocket


[I have decided to publish my blog entries in a different way. Instead of putting my various thoughts and reports together in a monthly entry, I am going to publish these thoughts and reports individually and periodically; in smaller chunks, you could say. These entries won't be daily and they won't be published until I have carefully edited them. I have come to realize that I don't have the ability to rattle off a longish blog entry instantaneously without errors in grammar, phrasing or wording.

Below, is my first entry done in the new way.]

I walked all the way to the Bus Stop from my home and I all of a sudden wondered where I had put my phone. I checked the pockets of my parka and the inside of my backpack without success. So, I decided to walk back home, thinking I had left the phone on my nightstand.

Five minutes later, I was standing at the apartment entrance. I asked my son Tony to go to the nightstand to retrieve my phone and he said it wasn't there. So, I checked my person again with no luck; and I thought to ask my wife Jenny to phone my phone. Much to my surprise, I heard my phone's familiar ringtone come from around my person. I checked my backpack yet again and then I determined the phone was in one of the pockets of my clothing. I checked the pockets I had checked at the bus stop and then realized that I hadn't checked the front hand-warming pocket of the hoodie I was wearing under my parka.


The phone had been on my person the whole time!

No comments: