Friday, December 30, 2011

Some end-of-the-year random thingie-wingies

  • Western--December 31ish--New Year's isn't a big deal in China.  None of the students have told me that they would be doing anything interesting that evening.  They get primed for the Lunar New Year.
  • We have a Japanese student.  Yes!  I hope he likes baseball so that I can tell him of my hatred of the MLB wildcard.
  • I love Jenny's new hairdo, but she is having second thoughts.
  • I am not going to do anything special on New Year's Eve.  I will hang out at home with Tony and Jenny.  The boys will admire Mom's new hairdo!!
  • Divisions of people in Wuxi.  They divide on long lines of income, their liking of KTV, their liking of basketball, whether they are Wuxi locals or not, their liking of computer games, and their keenness of school study.
  • For the first time I had a student who goes to the gym to workout.  I asked him why his type -- Chinese who work out -- seemed so rare.  He said they were too busy doing other things.
  • Someone else says he isn't going to a pub on New Year's Eve.
  • Someone told me that after eating street food, he was having strange dreams.
  • If you want to find out who AKIC's 2011 Wuxi Expat of the year is, you can visit here or here.
  • One of my students says he is doing inventory on New Year's Eve.  I told him that while others will be counting 5,4,3,2,1, he will be counting 1,2,3,4,5,....

No comments: