Sunday, October 26, 2008

Now What?

I have got the computer for a half-hour and I am raring to blog. But what to blog about? Me, I guess and my humdrum blah blah blah life. (Funny how it is that I can be a very foreign country and see the experience as being so humdrum)


Don't mess with the Kaulins family. Especially if you are the husband in the Kaulins Family and the other part of the Kaulins family, which might as well be the entire Kaulins Family, is your wife.


Obama is a fraud with the chameleon like quality of being whatever you want him to be. After having seen a video where these star-struck people ask the viewer to imagine a President Barack Obama, I really see the sense in this David Warren column which I leave the following quote:

Deeper than this: Obama has presented himself from the start as a
messianic, "transformational" leader -- and thus played deceitfully with ideas
that belong to religion and not politics. That he has done this so successfully
is a mark of the degree to which the U.S. itself, like the rest of the western
world, has lost its purchase on the Christian religion. Powerful religious
impulses have been spilt, secularized.


And if its not Obama some people fall for, it is Environmentalism.


Some of the students believe that China will not be hurt by the Economic Crisis in the rest of the world. One woman even told me that it would only effect China's export markets.


I walked to a nearby store and I saw about one hundred people standing around watching one television. I assume these people are all the workers hired to help build the third phase of our apartment complex among other building projects, of which there are many, around our area.


There are numerous pretty women in Wuxi who have never been to the dentist. So many seductive smiles tarnished by a tooth in need of a good bleaching.


I had a student asking me if a million could buy a big house with a yard in West Vancouver. Off the top of my head, I don't think she has enough money.


Another of my students returned from a trip to San Francisco. "How you get to San Francisky? Did ya drive or ya flew?" I asked. The students found the question don't in a Sid Dithers voice to be very funny.


Another exercise in a Private Class had me making the students finish a phrase "I wonder...." in response to a question. So I prompted the student by asking "Why did she run away?" The student responded "I wonder why she ran away" and I started to sing what I believe is a song by Frankie Vallee. It was great fun.


Tony favours his mother over his father, and I can't blame him for his choice. He knows who is buttering his bread for him.


I watched a Marx Brothers Movie, Love Happy, where Marilyn Monroe was introduced. The DVD made great hay of her being in the picture, but her appearance was very brief. The movie was too much on plot and not enough on comedy.

I live for visitors and page views in this blog. And I am proud to say that this will be my best month for visitors and possibly for page views ever. I thank all my rare readers. Why you do read this blog is beyond me but I won't question it. There maybe be something in my random typings that you see that I can't. Maybe, my blog is like watching a car crash. Who can say?









No comments: