Friday, August 1, 2008

8 Hours in the classroom and other crap I have to put up with.

I set a personal record for hours teaching in a classroom in one day: eight. I spent all my shift time in the classroom, not doing even a pinch or preparation. I never want to have to do that again. My preparation plans for a company class I do Saturday afternoon were completely shot.

The Republicans have never been racist in my memory. Yet, the Democrats continue to assume they are without any proof. At best the Dems can make wild surmises of racism like the city councillor in Houston, Texas who thought the use of the astronomical term Black Hole was Racist.

As far as I am concerned, it is the Democrats that are perpetuating racist and bigoted attitudes. White people and Christians are simply evil, thinks many a Democrat, and should be segregated and put in the back of the bus of public discourse. As well, Blacks can't fend for themselves so they need government programs and affirmative action: a racist attitude if there ever was one and yet it is the so called tolerant Democrats think this.

Obama, who is must surely seem to be more and more another politician and less a messiah above politics, is using this bigotry in his attempt to become U.S. President:

Yesterday in Missouri, Obama predicted McCain and the GOP would use
racially tinged attacks against him."What they're going to try to do is make you
scared of me," Obama said. "You know, he doesn't look like all those other
presidents on the dollar bills."


Visit here to see the whole article.

A poignant entry from my favourite blog. I think I abandoned my childhood dreams without any regrets. One dream I can remember having was being the head statistician of the National Hockey League. A stupid dream to have if there ever was one. But then, I was a left-winger at that age so my brain was flooded with stupid notions. I did also have this dream to be a writer, which the age of blogging has fulfilled for me but, I can't say I have done any writing that I can be reasonably proud of. I have experienced the momemtary thrill of having someone telling me about having read my blog and getting a compliment. I can't ask for more than that.

Having Tony is bonus. But the thought of becoming a father was not something that I thought would happen to me. But now that I am a father, I must declare that having Tony and Tina and so on was the dream I should have had all those years ago.

I luckily did achieve any childhood dreams but through, dumb luck, stumbled into something better.

No comments: