Monday, February 26, 2024

11:38 AM View


 It’s hard to stay concentrated on what I’m doing when I lesson plan, or look at schemes of work or read textbooks.  My mind wanders.  I wish I was a writer.  

The following is what I wrote during a flight of fancy from what I supposed to be doing:


What have I changed my mind about?


The election of Trump and the Covid nonsense have changed my mind about a lot of things.  Here is a list of things I changed my mind about:


Trump.  I initially found the Trump candidacy abhorrent.  Not I support him till his drama plays out.


Russia.  As a Latvian, I hated the Russians.  Now, I feel sympathetic towards them.


The Iraqi War.  At the time, I supported it.  Now, I realize it was a big mistake.


American foreign policy.  It was always hard for me to have a definitive opinion on it.  At best, I thought it was dammed if you do and damned if you don’t for the USA because it did possess a lot of power.  Now, I believe it is a Global American Empire with an irrational need to keep its military industrial complex going.


Ronald Reagan.  He was a domestic disaster ultimately for America.  He started the illegal immigrant phase and didn’t control the federal government’s domestic spending.


Latvia joining the EU.  Big mistake.  It needed to find a middle path between Russian and EU hegemony.


Republicans.  Worse than useless.


China.  Not so evil.  More concerned for its citizens than the governments of Canada and the USA and the EU are for theirs.


Conspiracy theories.  They are now worth consideration.  It’s hard to accept otherwise that the controlling elites are so stupid.


The Jews.  I was a judophile.  Now, I’m wary of them though I love their sense of humor.  


Racism.  The racism that anti-racists talk about doesn’t exist in a significant way.  If anything, racism is tribalism, and there are good racisms and bad racisms.  Bad racisms are genocidal.  That doesn’t exist in America or the Anglo sphere.

No comments: