Friday, December 2, 2022

Weekend in Jiangyin

 I may go out Saturday night.  I’ll spend the daytimes  planning classes for next week.

I haven’t seen any blank paper in Jiangyin but I’ve been going from school to the apartment and back all week.

I have heard blank paper was seen in Wuxi at Sanyang plaza.

I asked my son Tony, who’s boarding at school if he had heard of the blank paper and he said he hadn’t.

It isn’t easy to teach students with poor English about English literature.  Many of the students sleep in class because they stayed up all night to watch the World Cup.

I might as well be teaching opium addicts the way the students are addicted to their IPads.  Why the grade 12s  (aka ALs) can have them in their classes is beyond me.  In the ten minute break they have during a class, they immediately play games.  It is sickening to behold.

Some students want to write about Covid but I tell them not to because it is political.

No comments: