Thursday, August 11, 2022

Blowing by ‘Em

The enforcement of Covid procedures has relaxed these days in my part of China. I have been getting less hassle from gatekeepers.  


Every big place one has to enter, whether it be a shopping or residential complex, one has to show QR code to a person minding the entrance.  To produce the needed code, one has to open a health app on a smart phone, and use the app’s scanning feature to scan a QR code that is posted near the entrance. And some of the entrance staff have a sign in hand which has the code that needs to be scanned.


One time last week, I was coming back to the Hui Shan apartment complex, and saw a security guard sitting and holding the QR code sign.  I brought out my old IPhone 6 and started to set it up for the guard.  The setting up involves putting on the 4G and finding the app.  It’s an annoying process because the phone is slow.  Last week though, the slowness allowed me to notice that the guard was asleep.  So I blew past him. 


I have since done this all the time whether the guard is asleep or not.  I have even done this when driving into places.  Never once have they chased me, 

No comments: