Sunday, March 20, 2022

The Covid Enforcement Seems to have Increased

On Thursday, I had to take a Covid test at school.


On Saturday, I went to the nearby major shopping mall (Livat) and experienced increased enforcement and saw decreased shopper traffic.  At checkpoints, I had to show not just the normal travel QR Code (showing I hadn't gone anywhere) but also a health QR Code (issued by the Jiangsu authority).  In the Livat Mall, I saw store staff visibly standing around in groups not serving customers and chatting idly.  I suppose the traffic was less because some apartment compounds in Wuxi have been locked down, and some people are panicking.


My wife who does follow the local news told me to wear my mask all the time because it was getting serious.  She also told me that small shops in the area of our Hui Shan apartment have been ordered to close


On Sunday, I took our car to the car store to get serviced and was held up by a staffer because I hadn't shown them a QR Code.  Now, I should have been on the ball and shown them the QR Code,  but I can't join in the panic and quickly forget about it if I stay in my apartment.  My working assumption these days is that the Covid thing is over, but I must be assuming wrong…


On Monday, my son Tony will have to bring three masks to school.   Covid is a big thing in Wuxi, he told me.



No comments: