Friday, July 30, 2021

Covidiocy Returns to Wuxi; Read Poetry as if it is a Pop Song? Old Casa K's Upstairs Neighbors;


Driving into a parking garage under a mall that is near to the old Casa Kaulins, I had to roll down my window so a guard could point a temperature gun at my wrist.


I see more and more locals wearing masks.


I have been told more than a few times to put on my mask by security guards at the entrance of my wife Jenny's office building and of our soon-to-be old apartment complex.


I have also been told a few times very recently to raise my mask on my face so that it covers my nose.


I saw a family of three, all wearing masks, get into a car. (about whom, more non.)


Stopped at red lights, I have seen more and more drivers beside me wearing masks in their cars.


All of this because a person, with Covid, was said to have visited some popular spots in Wuxi. One has to wonder how a person really sick with Covid would be able to go out anywhere.


I made a joke about to someone on WeChat that everyone was going to have to stay home because a person with hangnail had visited a pedestrian mall in downtown Wuxi.





I was reading a poem by John Donne, I was liking it, and I thought to myself, I should reading this as often as I listen to pop songs I like.




August 1st, the move to the new Casa K will begin. New Casa K will be on the 29th floor of an apartment building near our (my son Tony & I's) new school. 


One good thing about the move is I won't have to see the old Casa K upstair neighbors anymore. These people earned the K Family China's ire by their stealing of water which resulted in a dripping Chinese  water torture like sound that drove my easily provoked wife Jenny to knock on their doors at 2:00 AM. These "neighbors'" when I saw them, didn't look very neighborly with their mean, unhappy faces whose most prominent feature was the hard cold glare of their eyes. And every week, we were also having to endure the sounds of the parents screaming at and beating their one child.


The piece of resistance which confirmed their stupidity for me was watching them as a family get into a car all wearing masks. Stupidity deserves itself.



No comments: