Thursday, September 10, 2020

China Taiwan; Tropic of Cancer; Basketball Tony? Cars Evolve; Praying; Teacher's Day; Down with Teacher's Day; Impersonal Service;


  • At another one of my school Speaker's Corners, a retired teacher told me news that the Mainland Government had passed some law saying that products brought to the Mainland from Taiwan must say something along the lines of made in China Taiwan. She thought this was a great idea and pumped her fist to show me how great she thought it. I asked her if Taiwan could become an independent country by holding a referendum and voting for it. She replied that history said that Taiwan was part of China. I then talked about how it was the Communist government that was the stumbling block to unification. Only a strident minority ever wants to be ruled by Communists I told her.

  • Tropic of Cancer is a great read. It has passages that are poetic and that are read smoothly like fresh engine oil

  • My son Tony tried out for the school basketball team. Hopefully, he has the talent to get on the team. Hopefully, as well, his pissy attitude about boarding doesn't make him look the sourpuss and thus disqualify him even more. (The last time I talked with him, he seemed in a good mood.)

  • Cars evolve, but always at the hand of man.

  • Pray the holy rosary I do, every day. But I have to battle being distracted as I do so. Sometimes, I start a Hail Mary and then I am recalling some incident from my childhood or I am thinking about what I will do when I go to work, and then I realize I can't remember how many Hail Marys' I have recited.

  • Teacher's Day. Thankfully, in my current work situation, I am not getting any presents for Teacher's Day. I am not close with any of the so-called students I am paid to spend time with. And I don't think I doing anything of use to anyone. So, I am thankful because I don't deserve any accolades for being a teacher and don't even have to be subjected to the falsity of being given presents on Teacher's Day while all the while knowing I was a phony.

  • I don't think there should be a Teacher's Day. (I also don't think there should be Children's or Women's days). There is a Teacher's Day because of the false worship of "Education" which really is schooling. Schools are just places for babysitting kids. If we lived in a rational world where men went to work and women stayed at home looking after children, what schooling there would be would be more rational. Heck, you might even be able to get an education at a school! Now, schools are bureaucratic monsters that have become a limb of the ever-growing State. So, teachers are just civil servants. Working for the state, they are bureaucrats who don't provide service.

  • I hate how the fast-food chains are making customers use touch screens and mobile phones to make orders. If you want into a place wanting to place your order with a human, you feel like you are an afterthought. I walked into a Burger King and had to wait five minutes before I could order. When I walked to the counter, there was no one behind to serve me. All the staff were in the kitchen.


No comments: