Thursday, December 5, 2019

Guardian Angel?; So Far, No Moments; Cross My Fingers; Mad I get; Lovely Thing for a Change; Three Accidents

  • Since hearing Mother Angelica mention them in a podcast, I have occasionally wondered how my Guardian Angel affects my life. Sometimes, I think the GA is putting reminiscences in my mind of when I did things of which I should be ashamed or embarrassed. I have admit that in my late teens and early twenties, I had a feeling of being in a higher station than really I deserved to be; and so quit jobs because I felt they weren't good enough for me. A couple of those occasions came back to me recently, seemingly out of the blue.

  • Since American Thanksgiving, I have not posted on WeChat moments. I am planning to start posting again at the end of Lent. So, I am looking at a good three months of WeChat silence. And the thing is, I don't think anyone who gets my moments posting will notice, which is most likely a good thing.

  • So far, there has been no mention of our school having a Christmas party this year. I cross my fingers and hope that this will be the case. I am thinking my hope will be realized because the school would have already planned one if they were because we already know when and where the school will be having its Chinese New Year slash Spring Festival dinner.

  • Things I shouldn't get mad about, after all these years I have spend in China, but still do: First, I was making a left turn and waiting for a car, coming from my left, to pass by so I could in fact make it when its driver made a right turn before me without making a turn signal. Second, I was trying to get off the train but was blocked by this old man with child trying to board. The signs and announcements all tell the locals to let the people off first before boarding.

  • I saw a lovely thing for a change. A man on a wheelchair got on the subway. A bit later, I saw a little girl sit on his lap. I assume the girl was his daughter. I was a nice sight. I then thought I saw a couple, sitting opposite me, praying which would have been better if that is what they were in fact doing.

  • I passed three accident scenes while driving Tony to school in the morning. First, there were two cars that had obviously collided because of improper lane changing. Second, I saw that an SUV had hit an e-bike. Who was at fault was hard to say. The e-biker could have been ignoring a traffic signal; the driver could have made a right turn without looking. Finally, I saw a car ran straight into the end of a traffic fence slash barrier. As I have blogged before, the authorities put what is basically fencing on the center lines of roads to get drivers to stick to their side of the road. But there have to be gaps in the fences so people can make turn. It was at one of these gaps that I saw the collision aftermath. The driver was female. This scene was one when you really had to wonder what the woman had been doing. She drove straight into the barrier end like she didn't see it was there. She was making a left turn. If she hit the fence end because she was inattentive seemed hard to believe. I speculate that another car must have been involved that had forced her to hit the fence end. Either the car was driving very quickly on the road already or another car making a left turn had the same time tried to overtake her so that she got startled and hit the fence end before she knew it.


No comments: