Thursday, May 10, 2018

"Way to Go Winnipeg Jets!" from Wuxi, China

In Wuxi, I was able to watch Game 7 of the Jets-Predators series Friday morning on my CCTV App on My Ipad.  It was the first time I had seen anything besides highlights of this year's playoffs.  I had been following the playoffs with the NHL app on my Iphone.  Annoyingly, I discovered there was a one minute delay on the CCTV broadcast because the App would alert me to goals before I would see them on the CCTV broadcast.

Watching it the game with Chinese commentators, it did not seem so stirring.  They were talking over the muted feed of a North American broadcast.  How I wish I could have had a Canadian feed!  

Be that as it may, the result had me walking on the air and punching the air like a mental defective the rest of Friday! 

My memories of the Jets go way back.  I saw the WHA Jets play.  I attended a few Jets playoff games in the old Winnipeg arena, being part of the Whiteout.  I can also claim to have attend a game of the only playoff series the Jets 1.0 ever won.

I'll be wearing my Jets 2.0 cap through their series with the K-nites and hopefully during the Stanley Cup final!

No comments: