Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Local Driver Being Very Unpredictable in Yet Another Way

You'd think I would have seen everything and that I would have come to to the end of my litany of complaints about local drivers and pedestrians and cyclists, but some local doofus found a new way to be selfish on the road.

One morning, I was returning to Casa K after having dropped my son off at school and I came to a red light where ahead of me, in the left of two straight-ahead lanes, was a three-wheeled motorized vehicle and ahead of it was a long black sedan.  As I came to a stop, I noticed that the sedan's driver had turned on the four-way blinkers.  I wasn't sure what was going on and when the lights turned green, the car didn't move.  This caused a cacophony of horn-blowing from the drivers behind me, all of whom quickly -- much more quickly than me -- changed into the right-hand lane to get around the sedan.  When I was finally able to get in the right lane, the light had turned red.  I was then beside the black sedan and I eagerly looked at the driver to see if it was a male or female, if it showed the obvious facial and skull features of a mental incompetent,  and what he or she was doing.  I saw a forty-ish looking man talking on his cell phone.  He obviously figured that putting on his four-ways took the curse of what was a very inconsiderate act.   I honked at the moron and gave him the finger.  He continuing looking inscrutable.

Another anecdote to add to the hundreds I have and thousands that other expatriates in China have about the supreme lack of consideration the locals have for others as they go about their way during the day.

No comments: